Travelling during Ramadan
Ramadan is expected to start from 12th April and expected to end on 11th May 2021 dates may vary as it depends on moonsighting
Below are some important points for Ramadan.
- During Ramadan, capable Muslims are required to abstain from eating and drinking from Sunrise to sunset. It is the month of piety, charity and
- Eating, drinking and Doing these things in public, or in front of a fasting Muslim is a sign of disrespect, most of the food and Beverage outlets are closed during the day time, only permitted restaurants can serve a meal.
- Playing loud music as it may offend those who are fasting. Playing music through your headphones is allowed if it is not audible to the people around
- Everyone is expected to dress appropriately. Avoid revealing clothes, short shorts,
- Most bars and clubs will be closed during the month of Ramadan and those that will remain open will only serve alcohol (Mostly inside 5 stars hotels) once the sun has
- Don’t kiss or hug your partner or friends of the opposite sex in public. While this is a rule to bear in mind throughout the rest of the year, demonstrative acts of affection with members of the opposite sex will cause offence during Ramadan